About the Position:
LEDA is seeking a highly capable, strategic and passionate individual to join its dynamic and high-functioning organization at a critical and exciting stage in its 14-year history. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development and External Relations will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing comprehensive strategies to increase individual and institutional investments in LEDA, as well as explore opportunities to help LEDA solicit investments in strategic growth efforts. S/he will direct the marketing and communications initiatives that support LEDA’s strategic goals, enhance the organization’s visibility, and cultivate LEDA’s brand. The Director of Development and External Relations will be a trusted advisor to the Executive Director, will participate in the long-term strategic planning for the organization, and will ensure that fundraising strategies are aligned with growth planning. S/he will manage the day-to-day administration of all development operations, including supervision of the Development and Communications Officer.
- Design and execute the organization’s fundraising plan for raising annual operating income, increasing overall support, and diversifying revenue streams;
- Manage the strategic participation of key staff, LEDA Scholars and Board Members in cultivating and stewarding individual, foundation, corporate, and other donors;
- Maintain up-to-date calendar and work plans for all fund development efforts, including grant proposals and reports, mailings, marketing activity, events, etc.;
- Prepare and/or review grant proposals, and assist in developing methods for identifying and evaluating program outcomes;
- Manage the donor database system for recording, acknowledging and encouraging individual, institutional, and corporate giving;
- Serve as an engaging external representative of LEDA, nurturing relationships with LEDA’s Board, donors and partners;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the philanthropic landscape, especially as it relates to individual donors, major donors, giving trends, and charitable contributions in the field of education.
- Direct strategic communications efforts to increase LEDA’s visibility, build the case for the LEDA’s value, and strengthen the brand;
- Lead the content development of LEDA’s marketing materials and collaborate with consultants/vendors on the design and production of these materials;
- Oversee content creation on LEDA’s website and social media strategy;
- Identify new marketing and media opportunities;
- Manage public and media relations;
- Ensure all external, online, and electronic materials align with and enhance LEDA’s brand.
- Oversee planning and execution of LEDA’s signature annual event, as well as smaller donor engagement events;
- Ensure maximum fund development potential of LEDA’s special events, in collaboration with the Board of Directors and staff.
- Progressive experience in a nonprofit organization with a successful track record in fundraising, and development operations, and communications;
- Track record of designing and implementing successful corporate fundraising programs and strategies;
- Demonstrated commitment to improving education access for underrepresented students;
- Working knowledge of the national and regional education funding landscape;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, for online and traditional venues;
- Deep understanding of social media as a fundraising tool;
- Track record in planning and executing special events;
- Capacity to think strategically: quickly identify viable opportunities and balance competing priorities with limited resources;
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative in an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment;
- Engaging personality that can cultivate strong relationships and work successfully in partnership with a range of stakeholders, including Board members, donors, and staff;
- Ability to thrive in a mission-driven environment with strong values and culture; passionately committed to LEDA’s mission, vision and strategic direction.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com, with “Director of Development” in the subject line.
Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives
Reports to: Executive Director
About the Position:
In support of its ambitious growth plans, LEDA is seeking its first ever Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives to join its highly motivated, mission-driven, and entrepreneurial team. This hire will oversee LEDA’s efforts to accelerate growth and deepen impact in new ways. The Senior Director will help test ways to scale our program and introduce innovations that generate new sources of revenue. The ideal candidate is comfortable with taking risks and will relish the opportunity to roll up his/her sleeves and lead our innovation efforts to the highest level of performance. This is an exciting opportunity for an analytical, strategic, and entrepreneurial leader and doer to help a highly effective organization achieve its potential for greater impact on the students, alumni, communities we serve, and on the field.
LEDA is seeking a highly capable, strategic and passionate individual to join its dynamic and high-functioning organization at a critical and exciting stage in its 14-year history. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives will be responsible for developing and implementing a platform of growth initiatives that will position LEDA as a leader in the field and cultivate organizational sustainability. S/he will work closely with program leadership and the development department to oversee the design and implementation of these new programs. The Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives will be a trusted advisor to the Executive Director, will support the long-term strategic planning for the organization, and will ensure that new initiatives and fundraising strategies are aligned with LEDA’s strategic growth.
A successful Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives will:
- Lead, refine, and implement a strategic growth plan to deepen LEDA’s impact over the next 3-5 years
- Launch a platform of revenue-generating growth initiatives that will leverage LEDA’s expertise in promoting access, success, and leadership development for high-achieving, low-income students
- Engage corporate, higher education and other partners to support these initiatives in the long-term
- Provide strategic leadership and management, ensuring that the vision remains at the forefront of daily operations
- Partner with Board, executive, and development teams to support fundraising goals that relate to the growth plan
- Develop and refine overall expansion strategy including a start-up plan and process roadmap
- Oversee and manage all aspects of strategic growth
- Stay abreast of trends, research, and events so that all opportunities are explored
- Develop and oversee implementation plans for new program initiatives including timelines, budgets, and work plans
- Collaborate with program leadership to extract and document key organizational learnings and incorporate them in growth initiatives
- Conceptualize and incorporate evaluation metrics for new initiatives
- Oversee hiring and training of staff for new initiatives
- Identify and engage partners for growth initiatives
- Oversee development of materials and collateral to engage prospective partners, in collaboration with communications team
- Design and execute partnership frameworks
- Manage relationships with growth partners
- Represent LEDA at conferences, events, and other venues for partnership engagement
- At least 5 years of progressive leadership experience in a non-profit organization, for-profit start-up, or entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and designing programs, solving problems, and driving solutions into operation
- Extensive experience developing and negotiating relationships with new partners
- Excellent project and process management skills, writing skills, and attention to detail; ability to manage many projects with varying timelines and multiple pressing priorities
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative in an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment
- Outstanding analytical thinking skills, strong strategic planning abilities, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Engaging personality that can cultivate strong relationships and work successfully in partnership with a range of stakeholders, including Board members, donors, and staff
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to improving access to education and leadership opportunities for traditionally underrepresented student populations
- Ability to thrive in a mission-driven environment with strong values and culture; passionately committed to LEDA’s mission, vision, and strategic direction
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Business a plus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Strategic Initiatives” in the subject line.