Click on a staff position below to jump to its full description.
Associate Director of Major Gifts
Reports to: Senior Director of Development and External Relations
About the Position
LEDA is seeking a highly capable, dedicated, and passionate individual to join a dynamic and high-functioning organization at a critical and exciting stage in its 17-year history. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development and External Relations, the newly created position of Associate Director of Major Gifts will cultivate and solicit major gifts from individual donors, as well as support with corporate and foundation solicitation, as determined by the Senior Director. The Associate Director of Major Gifts is an integral part of LEDA’s burgeoning development and communications department. The ideal candidate will have experience in building the strategy, tools, and processes that support successful donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, as evidenced by revenue and donor base growth. In addition, they will be a persuasive communicator, resourceful, proactive, and possess superb written and verbal communication skills.
Major Donor Giving
- Work hand-in-hand with the Senior Director of Development and External Relations and the Executive Director in fundraising activities.
- Develop strategies to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major donor prospects.
- Actively manage a portfolio of prospective major individual donors and meet with individual donors throughout the donor life cycle, as determined by the Senior Director.
- Ensure fundraising success through strategic cultivation and follow-up of individual gift prospects identified through events, prospect research, and organizational contacts.
- Develop individual plans for donor engagement, including virtual site visit opportunities, cultivation events, and volunteer opportunities.
- Support with the implementation of LEDA’s long-term development plan, including continual strategic assessments in light of organizational needs and capacity.
- Spearhead efforts to launch a long-term anniversary fundraising campaign.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to advance fundraising goals, including supporting the growth of LEDA’s institutional donor pipeline.
Digital Fundraising Efforts
- Implement and manage a comprehensive digital and individualized communications strategy for a mid-level giving program, which includes assessment of mid-level donors and development of stewardship opportunities.
- Help to develop a regional fundraising strategy to expand LEDA’s fundraising scope and reach, including efforts to align activities with LEDA’s alumni giving efforts.
- Create, launch, and implement a LEDA leadership giving society.
Existing and Prospect Donor Management
- Create proposals, e-correspondence, notes, and letters for potential family foundations and individuals.
- Maintain record-keeping and reporting to both internal and external parties, ensuring transparency of data related to giving, sources of support, and goals to measure and manage success.
- Ensure that the flow of information (reports, proposals, letters, and materials for prospects and donors) is centralized and managed efficiently and smoothly.
- Support with the development of systems to best integrate and expand LEDA’s prospecting efforts, effective management and identification of prospects, as well as the implementation of a moves management system.
- 7-10 years of progressive leadership experience in a nonprofit organization with a track record of successful major gift fundraising or related experience. The ideal candidate will have experience working with individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with, and cultivate strong relationships with a range of stakeholders, including Board members, donors, and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to improving access to education and leadership opportunities for traditionally underrepresented student populations.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, and implement a programmatic approach to building relationships and securing philanthropic support, including setting ambitious goals, developing strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, and prioritizing activities.
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to thrive in a mission-driven environment with strong values and culture; passionately committed to LEDA’s mission, vision and strategic direction.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly collaborative and have a transparent communication style, with a high level of discretion.
This is a full-time position and salary is commensurate with experience. LEDA offers medical and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, TransitChek, at least three weeks’ paid vacation, and paid sick leave.
LEDA offers a flexible, collegial work environment that welcomes new ideas and innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please send an email with a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with “Associate Director of Major Gifts” in the subject line.
Manager of Alumni Engagement and Impact
Reports to: Senior Director of Career and Alumni Services
About the Position
In 2020, LEDA launched the LEDA Alumni Services Department, an initiative that engages LEDA’s vast network of alumni. The purpose of the department is to provide LEDA Alumni with opportunities to: maintain and deepen their involvement with LEDA; connect with each other and other members of the community, leverage the power of the LEDA network; receive ongoing career and postgraduate support; serve as mentors to undergraduate LEDA Scholars and Career Fellows; and connect their employers to the LEDA Career Network. Reporting to the Senior Director of Career and Alumni Services, the Manager of Alumni Engagement and Impact will support the professional and personal growth of alumni, create programs for alumni to connect with their peers and with LEDA stakeholders, and cultivate a culture of alumni engagement and annual giving.
Program Strategy and Design
- Create and execute LEDA’s Alumni Services engagement strategy, inclusive of programmatic activities, communications efforts, fundraising, measuring outcomes and reporting
- Develop and provide logistical support for LEDA-sponsored alumni engagement events and activities, including the LEDA Annual Reunion and regional events
- Support Career Network with coordination and logistics for Career Institute
- Recruit alumni as career coaches, mentors, and panelists to participate in Career Institute
Communication and Outreach
- Determine, develop, implement, and manage optimal communication platforms and social media strategy for connecting and engaging alumni
- Facilitate and support on-going engagement of alumni in via online platforms, including through creation and maintenance of a LinkedIn alumni group
- Re-establish contact with all LEDA alumni and engage them in the network
- Collaborate and engage the Alumni Task Force, charged with developing important initiatives for the Alumni Services department to implement
- Promote networking events and career opportunities for alumni in bi-weekly Career and Alumni Services e-Newsletter
- Coordinate communication with alumni on events, volunteerism, and Career Network and LEDA Scholars Program engagement
- Create event and promotional collateral, such as event programs, flyers, website pages, etc.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies, including making significant gift asks in collaboration with the Development/External Communications team to foster a culture of giving among alumni and generate revenue for the organization
- Create and implement fundraising goals
- Create strategy to collect and promote alumni success stories that demonstrate LEDA’s impact
Data Management and Evaluation
- Develop and administer annual surveys to collect and track outcomes of alumni to further document the extent to which LEDA is achieving its mission of developing the leadership potential of underrepresented students once they graduate from college and generating meaningful connections within the LEDA Community
- Collaborate with the Development/External Communications team and Alumni Services team on program data tracking and reporting to funders, partners, and other stakeholders as needed
- Translate data into relatable stories that engage funders and other external stakeholders and bring them into the LEDA Community
- Advise alumni 1:1 on a range of professional development topics
- Support alumni with applications to LEDA employer partners in collaboration with Career Network staff
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as higher education administration, secondary or post-secondary education, nonprofit consulting, development, etc., required (Must also have work authorization)
- 4+ years relevant experience in alumni affairs, or student affairs, or event/communications management, relationship management, or employee/client engagement required
- Previous experience fundraising strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with and engaging alumni and an ability to cultivate and build strong interpersonal relationships preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively represent LEDA to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience implementing programs, small-, and large-scale events
- Ability to thrive in a mission-driven environment with strong values and culture; passionately committed to LEDA’s mission, vision, and strategic direction
- Experiential or professional understanding of academic and non-academic issues surrounding low- income, first-generation college students and early career professionals
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit; can successfully work independently and as a member of a team
- Superior organizational, administrative, and problem-solving skills, and ability to multitask and manage deadlines
- Strong technical and data tracking, analytical reporting, and storytelling skills (e.g., familiarity with MS Excel, Salesforce, professional and social networking tools/platforms)
This is a full-time position. The salary for the Manager of Alumni Engagement and Impact role ranges from high $60,000s to low $70,000s*. LEDA offers medical and dental insurance, a 401(k)retirement plan, TransitChek (for NYC employees), at least three weeks’ paid vacation, and paid sick leave.
*Salary will be adjusted based on the state where your primary residence is located if you will be working remotely year-round.
This position may work out of our midtown Manhattan office or remotely year-round. Due to COVID-19 precautions, all LEDA positions will be fully remote at least through January 2022. LEDA offers a flexible, collegial work environment that welcomes new ideas and innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please send an email with a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager of Alumni Engagement and Impact” in the subject line.
Employment for this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to LEDA. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.