Click on a staff position below to jump to its full description.
Alumni Affairs Officer
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Reports to: Senior Director of Career and Alumni Services
About the Position
On the occasion of LEDA’s 15th Anniversary, LEDA is launching a new LEDA Alumni Affairs Department, an initiative that will engage LEDA’s vast network of Scholars who have graduated from college. The purpose of the LEDA Alumni Association is to provide LEDA Scholar college alumni with opportunities to: maintain and deepen their involvement with LEDA; connect with each other and other members of the LEDA Community, leveraging the power of their LEDA network; receive ongoing career and postgraduate support; serve as mentors to undergraduate LEDA Scholars; and connect their employers to the LEDA Career Network.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Career and Alumni Services, the Alumni Affairs Officer will support professional and personal growth of college alumni, create and manage a platform for alumni to connect with their peers and with LEDA stakeholders, and participate in future alumni events and programs.
Alumni Engagement and Program Management
- Facilitate engagement of alumni in LEDA’s online platforms: LEDA Connect and our Linkedin Alumni Group
- Coordinate LEDA-sponsored alumni engagement events and activities, including an annual reunion and Scholar-led regional events
- Build out the LEDA Alumni Council, which will be instrumental in working with the LEDA Alumni Services Department to guide programming and other alumni initiatives
- Work with alumni to leverage their success stories and make connections with their employers, referring them to the Senior Director of Career and Alumni Services for corporate partnership opportunities
- Track trajectories of LEDA Alumni to share with stakeholders and generate meaningful connections within the community
- Provide logistical and administrative support for alumni events
Communication and Outreach
- Re-establish contact with all LEDA college alumni and engage them in the network
- Promote networking events and career opportunities for Alumni in bi-weekly Career and Alumni Services e-Newsletter
- Coordinate communication with alumni on events, volunteerism, and Career Network and LEDA Scholars Program engagement
- Create event and promotional collateral, such as event program, flyers, website pages, etc.
Career Network Support
- Support Career Network with coordination and logistics for Career Institute
- Recruit alumni as career coaches, mentors, and panelists to participate in Career Institute
- Engage, support, and refer alumni in need of additional career and graduate school planning advisement
- Support alumni with applications to LEDA employer partners in collaboration with Career Network Staff
Data Management and Evaluation
- Support and manage build-out of alumni tracking component of LEDA’s Salesforce database
- Track ongoing activities of alumni in order to further document the extent to which LEDA is achieving its mission of developing the leadership potential of underrepresented students once they graduate from college
- Develop and administer annual alumni surveys and analyze engagement and career outcomes
- Maintain alumni records within database
Mentorship Pilot Build-out
- Build out alumni mentoring program pilot, which includes:
- Establishing timelines
- Developing mentor/mentee matching process, guidelines, and training
- Identifying and implementing mentor/mentee online platform/software to support productive interactions
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as higher education administration, counseling, social work, advising, etc., required
- 3+ years relevant experience in alumni affairs, or student affairs, or event/communications management, or employee engagement required
- Previous experience working with and supporting alumni or engaging alumni preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively represent LEDA to its stakeholders and externally
- Experience implementing programs, small- and large-scale events
- Ability to thrive in a mission-driven environment with strong values and culture; passionately committed to LEDA’s Mission, Vision, Core Values, and strategic direction
- Experiential or professional understanding of academic and non-academic issues surrounding low-income, first-generation college students
- Ability to cultivate and build strong interpersonal relationships with LEDA Scholars and LEDA Scholar Alumni, and staff
- Willingness to work independently and as a member of a team
- Superior organizational, administrative, communication and problem-solving skills, and ability to multi-task and manage deadlines
- Strong technical and data tracking and reporting skills (e.g., familiarity with MS Excel, Salesforce, professional and social networking tools/platforms)
This is a full-time position, non-exempt position. The salary range is low- to mid- $50,000. LEDA offers medical and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, TransitChek, at least three weeks’ paid vacation, and paid sick leave.
LEDA offers a flexible, collegial work environment that welcomes new ideas and innovation. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send an email with a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Alumni Affairs Officer” in the subject line.
Employment for this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a lawful pre-employment background check, which may include reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to LEDA. Background check information will be obtained and used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.