Click on a staff position below to jump to its full description.
Associate Director of Major Gifts
Reports to: Senior Director of Development and External Relations
About the Position
LEDA is seeking a highly capable, dedicated, and passionate individual to join a dynamic and high-functioning organization at a critical and exciting stage in its 17-year history. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development and External Relations, the newly created position of Associate Director of Major Gifts will cultivate and solicit major gifts from individual donors, as well as support with corporate and foundation solicitation, as determined by the Senior Director. The Associate Director of Major Gifts is an integral part of LEDA’s burgeoning development and communications department. The ideal candidate will have experience in building the strategy, tools, and processes that support successful donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, as evidenced by revenue and donor base growth. In addition, they will be a persuasive communicator, resourceful, proactive, and possess superb written and verbal communication skills.
Major Donor Giving
- Work hand-in-hand with the Senior Director of Development and External Relations and the Executive Director in fundraising activities.
- Develop strategies to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major donor prospects.
- Actively manage a portfolio of prospective major individual donors and meet with individual donors throughout the donor life cycle, as determined by the Senior Director.
- Ensure fundraising success through strategic cultivation and follow-up of individual gift prospects identified through events, prospect research, and organizational contacts.
- Develop individual plans for donor engagement, including virtual site visit opportunities, cultivation events, and volunteer opportunities.
- Support with the implementation of LEDA’s long-term development plan, including continual strategic assessments in light of organizational needs and capacity.
- Spearhead efforts to launch a long-term anniversary fundraising campaign.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to advance fundraising goals, including supporting the growth of LEDA’s institutional donor pipeline.
Digital Fundraising Efforts
- Implement and manage a comprehensive digital and individualized communications strategy for a mid-level giving program, which includes assessment of mid-level donors and development of stewardship opportunities.
- Help to develop a regional fundraising strategy to expand LEDA’s fundraising scope and reach, including efforts to align activities with LEDA’s alumni giving efforts.
- Create, launch, and implement a LEDA leadership giving society.
Existing and Prospect Donor Management
- Create proposals, e-correspondence, notes, and letters for potential family foundations and individuals.
- Maintain record-keeping and reporting to both internal and external parties, ensuring transparency of data related to giving, sources of support, and goals to measure and manage success.
- Ensure that the flow of information (reports, proposals, letters, and materials for prospects and donors) is centralized and managed efficiently and smoothly.
- Support with the development of systems to best integrate and expand LEDA’s prospecting efforts, effective management and identification of prospects, as well as the implementation of a moves management system.
- 7-10 years of progressive leadership experience in a nonprofit organization with a track record of successful major gift fundraising or related experience. The ideal candidate will have experience working with individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with, and cultivate strong relationships with a range of stakeholders, including Board members, donors, and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to improving access to education and leadership opportunities for traditionally underrepresented student populations.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, and implement a programmatic approach to building relationships and securing philanthropic support, including setting ambitious goals, developing strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, and prioritizing activities.
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to thrive in a mission-driven environment with strong values and culture; passionately committed to LEDA’s mission, vision and strategic direction.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly collaborative and have a transparent communication style, with a high level of discretion.
This is a full-time position and salary is commensurate with experience. LEDA offers medical and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, TransitChek, at least three weeks’ paid vacation, and paid sick leave.
LEDA offers a flexible, collegial work environment that welcomes new ideas and innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please send an email with a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associate Director of Major Gifts” in the subject line.
Recruitment & Admissions Officer
Reports to: Director of Recruitment & Admissions
About the Position
LEDA is seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated individual to recruit and admit future Cohorts of LEDA Scholars. Reporting to the Director of Recruitment & Admissions, the Recruitment & Admissions Officer works to grow and strengthen LEDA’s applicant pool through strategic outreach to public schools and community based organizations across the country. They also market the LEDA program directly to potential applicants through digital marketing campaigns, virtual events, and in-person information sessions. As a senior member of LEDA’s admissions team, the Recruitment & Admissions Officer evaluates applicants, recommends final admissions decisions, and coordinates enrollment in the LEDA Scholars Program. This position is an excellent opportunity for an entry-level candidate with a background or interest in admissions & recruitment, college access, and/or youth outreach. Our ideal candidate is an effective communicator and positive team member who is excited to learn and brings a passion to connect with students and educators of all backgrounds to expand educational opportunities.
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with new and existing high school partners, CBOs, school districts, and other youth-serving organizations to generate a robust and qualified applicant pool
- Plan and execute up to three in-person recruitment trips to targeted communities to deliver presentations, recruit LEDA applicants, and raise awareness about higher education opportunities
- Work with the Recruitment & Admissions team to develop a marketing plan and new marketing content, including videos, social media posts, emails, webinars, and presentations
- Host virtual information sessions for prospective applicants and partners
- Manage LEDA Recruitment & Admission’s Instagram account
- Track outreach efforts in LEDA’s Salesforce database to report and improve effectiveness
- Recruit and train current LEDA Scholars and alumni to conduct recruitment workshops in targeted communities
- With the Director of Recruitment & Admissions to update and maintain the online application
- Support students, families, teachers, and counselors throughout the LEDA application process to promote application completion
- Review and evaluate LEDA applications
- Conduct interviews with LEDA finalists
- Engage in team deliberations to select LEDA Scholars
- Facilitate Scholar on-boarding and their transition to the LEDA Aspects of Leadership Summer Institute
- Support the administration of the Aspects of Leadership Summer Institute at Princeton University, particularly during opening and closing weeks
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior experience in the area(s) of recruitment and admissions, student mentorship/advising, and/or college access a plus
- Experience with social media and digital marketing a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting educational equity for students from underrepresented backgrounds
- Exceptional interpersonal, public speaking, communication, and writing skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines
- Strong technical, design, and data tracking skills (e.g., familiarity with Google Workspace, Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva, Salesforce, social media platforms)
- Willingness to work independently and as a member of a team
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive over long distances
This is a full-time position. The salary offered will be in the mid-$40,000 per year range and is commensurate with experience. LEDA offers medical and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, TransitChek, at least three weeks paid vacation, and paid sick leave.
This position may work out of our midtown Manhattan office or remotely year-round. Due to COVID-19 precautions, all LEDA positions will be fully remote at least through September 2021. This position requires 10% travel. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please send an email with a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with “Recruitment & Admissions Officer” in the subject line.