The 2020-2021 LEDA application is now closed. If you have any questions regarding an application you submitted this school year, please contact us at email@example.com.
The 2020-2021 Part I LEDA application required:
- An academic profile to be filled out by a high school counselor
- A biographical information section
- A financial information section to be filled out by a parent/guardian
- A graded writing sample
- A personal statement and a supplemental essay
- Information on responsibilities, activities and leadership outside of the classroom
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher
Students who advance to Part II of the application process will be asked to provide their family tax return(s); the applicant’s proof of citizenship, residency, or DACA status; and updated academic information.
Finalists for the program will participate in an interview with LEDA staff.
To be eligible to apply, a student:
- Must be a junior attending a public high school in the U.S., graduating in 2022
- Is a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or has DACA Status
- Has an annual household income under $90,000
- Has a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.5
LEDA reviews applications holistically, meaning that we consider all factors of a students application when making an admission decision. LEDA will review every application we receive, so we encourage any student who is interested and believes they are a fit for the program to apply.
Successful applicants demonstrate:
- A desire to be challenged academically
- A strong commitment to their studies
- A desire to be a leader in their families, schools, and communities
- LEDA’s core values of Excellence, Integrity, Compassion, and Community
Our flyer, which includes a summary of what LEDA offers, can be downloaded from ledascholars.org/flyer.
2020-2021 application timeline:
- September–December 2020: Interested applicants can begin and submit the LEDA Scholars Program application
- December 14, 2020: Final submission deadline at 11:59 PM (PST)
- December 2020–April 2021: Applications are reviewed by the Recruitment and Admission team
- Late February-March 2021: All applicants are notified about Part I of the process. Applicants moving on to Part II are asked to submit additional materials.
- March-April 2021: All Part II applicants are notified and finalists are invited to participate in a video/phone interview.
- April-May 2021: All remaining applicants are notified, and 100 LEDA Scholars are admitted to the LEDA Scholars Program.
For more information about how to complete the application, visit our FAQ page. If you have any additional questions about LEDA’s recruitment and admissions process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The LEDA Scholars Program is free for all students admitted.
Resources for applicants: