The 2021-2022 application for the LEDA Scholars Program is now closed. To learn more about the application process and timeline, please see below. To learn more about our core program, click here.
LEDA Scholars Program: Application Details
Part I of the 2021-2022 LEDA application requires:
- An academic profile filled out by a high school counselor
- A biographical information section
- A financial information section filled out by a parent/guardian
- A graded essay with teacher comments
- A personal statement and a supplemental essay
- Information on responsibilities, activities, and leadership outside of the classroom
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher
Students who advance to Part II of the application process will be asked to provide their guardians’ tax return(s); the applicant’s record of citizenship, residency, or DACA status; and updated academic information.
Finalists for the program will participate in an interview with LEDA staff.
To be eligible to apply, a student:
- Must be a junior attending a public high school in the U.S., graduating in 2023
- Is a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or has DACA Status
- Has an annual household income under $90,000
- Has a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.5
LEDA reviews each application individually, meaning that we consider all factors of a student’s application when making an admission decision. LEDA will review every application we receive, so we encourage any student who is interested and believes they could be a fit for the program to apply.
Successful applicants demonstrate:
- A desire to be challenged academically
- A strong commitment to their studies
- A desire to be a leader in their families, schools, and communities
- A connection to LEDA’s Core Values of Excellence, Integrity, Compassion, and Community
Our flyer, which includes a summary of what LEDA offers, can be downloaded from ledascholars.org/flyer.
2021-2022 application timeline:
- September–December 2021: Interested students can begin and submit the application
- December 14, 2021: Final submission deadline at 11:59 PM (PST)
- December 2021–April 2022: Applications are reviewed by the Recruitment & Admissions team
- Late February-March 2022: All applicants are notified about Part I of the process. Applicants moving on to Part II are asked to submit additional materials.
- March-April 2022: All Part II applicants are notified and finalists are invited to participate in a video/phone interview.
- April-May 2022: All remaining applicants are notified, and 100 LEDA Scholars are admitted to the LEDA Scholars Program.
For more information about how to complete the application, visit our FAQ page. If you have any additional questions about LEDA’s recruitment and admissions process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The LEDA Scholars Program is free for all students admitted.